Re: Upgrade Issues for Solaris 2.6 --> 7 or 8?

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:15:56 -0500

I know from experience <g> that you can't move the Oracle 8.1.7 binaries from Solaris 2.7 or 2.8 to 2.6, as the Solaris libraries changed, at least in part to support of 64 bits. I'm not sure if the reverse is true, but its likely. And you can't just relink, evidently there are different object (.o) files and/or makefiles that Oracle installs.

Once the Oracle software is installed correctly, you *should* be able to bring up the existing DB files ok. (check back with me in a couple days when I finish the OS upgrade!)

-Peter