UTL_FILE - Print Novell Network

From: <SUSOTT_at_amnutrition.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:41:14 -0700

I currently have Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000.

We are developing a production module where an operator will press a key and the the module will "automatically" print out a pallet tag form. We are having problems getting this to work. My current thought is to set UTL_FILE = "\\server\volume\print queue" (Novell UNC path) (I realize I will need separate lines for each print queue.). Then to open the print queue using FOPEN [print queue] and writing to the file and then closing it.

Will the scenerio work?
If the form will run on the client machines, would using LPT1 work or will the program still be ran at the server?
Is there a different method to accomplish this? Idealy, I would like the code ran on the client and directed to LPT1.

Currently, we have a COBOL program which writes directly to LPT1 (we send a layout file at the start and then a data file for each pallet tag we need printed). Received on Wed Feb 13 2002 - 09:41:14 CST