Re: Export 7.3.4 runs forever.

From: AndyS <AndySnospam_at_IAnospamSystems.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:02:58 -0500

> Did you run dbv ?

dbv does not report any errors

> Does select count(*) from theTable; return a valid count ?

Table has 33827 rows. Correct as far as I can tell.

> What is the size of the table ?

Table has a LONG column. Almost every row should have data in it. I would guess about 40MB or so total.

I would guess that I have a row where there is a bad pointer in the LONG coulmn, but I have no idea what to do about it.

Thanks,

> > I should have mentioned that this is on NT.
> >
> > "AndyS" <AndySnospam_at_IAnospamSystems.com> wrote in message
> > > I am trying to migrate a 7.3.4 database to 8.1.6 via Export/Import.
Export
> > > seems to get into a loop processing one particular table. I can export
> > every
> > > other table with out a problem. On this one table Export will run
forever
> > > and consume all available disk. Running ANALYZE TABLE VALIDATE
STRUCTURE