Re: client connection problem

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 05:49:56 +1100

From the doco:
ORA-12705 invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified

Cause: There are two possible causes: Either an attempt was made to issue an ALTER SESSION statement with an invalid NLS parameter or value; or the NLS_LANG environment variable contains an invalid language, territory, or character set.

Action: Check the syntax of the ALTER SESSION command and the NLS parameter, correct the syntax and retry the statement, or specify correct values in the NLS_LANG environment variable. For more information about the syntax of the ALTER SESSION command, see Oracle8i SQL Reference

Make friends with http://technet.oracle.com - it has all the documentation for 8i (and 9i, of course).

Regards