Re: Install Oracle 9i - Please help???

From: <bullwinkle_at_the_Throes_of_Abstraction>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 04:27:44 GMT

freeserv:

You wanna create the /var/opt/oracle/orainstLoc file before hand... You wanna chmod oracle:dba the file..
The file points to the location of OUI & ORAINVENTORY directories for patching, upgrade etc...so put the phsical path to your $ORACLE_HOME..

About the JDK..
You wanna install JDK 1.3x before hand as well... so that the default location, usually, is /opt/java1.3 .. These are for running Oracle processes in HTTP context.. like Jserv

I would destroy your present install & start over

HTH Zongk Tu

Oracle Apps DBA/Unix SA