Re: Oracle vs Teradata (Datawarehouse environment)

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:39:59 GMT

I have developed on both, including running Oracle on the non-tpa node on a Teradata machine and would be happy to answer any specific questions.

Basically each has its strength ... and each its weakness when working in the terabyte range. If you are talking gigabytes ... stay with Oracle.

Without knowing quite a bit about what you are trying to do ... generic comments would likely be meaningless.

What I would need to know is what type of application, number of anticipated objects, amount of data, need to program procedures/triggers, number of users, etc.

Daniel Morgan