Re: REF CURSOR returning a PL/SQL Table.

From: Adrian Billington <billiauk_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 11 Feb 2002 00:43:42 -0800

Galen

I have the answer. You don't need to send me the package now (sorry if you've spent time cleaning it up for me). The answer is, of course, bind variables (I should have got this MUCH earlier for you). This follows from my last post about Oracle not knowing anything about the l_data array at runtime in the dynamic version. The l_data array must be "binded" at run-time, as follows:-

query := 'select * from TABLE ( cast (:l_data as groupSize3Array ))';

  OPEN cvar FOR query USING IN l_data;

Note the use of the colon in the string. This tells the parser to expect a bind variable for :l_data. Then you can pass the l_data array in at runtime by the extended USING syntax.

That will do it....

Good luck !

Adrian Received on Mon Feb 11 2002 - 02:43:42 CST