Table v$log and archived log files ?

From: Gerald Hein <gerald.hein_at_epost.de>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 20:02:53 +0100

Hi,

If table v$log tells me, that a specific sequence number (logfile) has been archived: is it really guaranteed, that the PHYSICAL WRITING of this archived log file has COMPLETELY finished ?

In other words:
I like to copy the archived log files to another disk (backup). Can I rely on the info I get from table v$log ?

Thanks
Gerald Received on Sat Feb 09 2002 - 13:02:53 CST