Re: TNS: No Listener

From: Lou <louis.masters_at_log-net.com>
Date: 8 Feb 2002 16:56:19 -0800

Go to your listener console and type 'status' - makre sure you have an instance running for the SID you are trying to connect to. If not, try a 'reload' and check again. If you do not see a handler, you need to edit your listener.ora to handle the SID (check your docs). If it is there, check your stack:

  1. Ping the machine - if this fails here you have a non-oracle network issue
  2. tnsping80 the SID - if this fails check your listener and tns config also make sure you are connecting using the right port and IP if you have multiple HW adapters
  3. try to connect via sqlplus - if it fails at this point it is usually something very easy (misspelled SID, etc.).

Let me know if you get any specific messages.

-Lou