Re: achivelog strange behaviour of archiver

From: obakesan <cjundieseastwd_at_powerup.com.au>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:15:17 GMT

HiYa

In article <178d2795.0202080719.23fd3488_at_posting.google.com>, some kind human wrote:

>First the dumb question: After you modified the init.ora parameters
>did you bounce the instance to pick them up?

yep, sereral times before thinking of this issue

>If we did not get lucky with the above have you tried to dynamically
>modify the archive log destination using an alter system command?
> Alter system set log_archive_destination = string

no ... worth looking at, but since the archive log list; command shows me the location that is exactly what is in the initXX.ora file, I would have thought that Oracle knew where it was too.

>Are there any error or warning messages related to archiving in the
>alert log?

none that I saw ... will look more carefully on Tuesday

now I am gonna load some TXT sheets into my holders, and see if I can do it without the dust and fingerprints this time.. then perhaps get an exposure or 4 this weekend!!

See Ya

--
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer, Motorcyclist and dingbat

please remove   u n d i e s   for reply