Re: REF CURSOR returning a PL/SQL Table.

From: Adrian Billington <billiauk_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 8 Feb 2002 00:21:33 -0800

Galen

The new construct you are using:-

> OPEN cvar FOR
> select * from TABLE ( cast (l_data as groupSize3Array ))

is VERY different from :-

> > query := 'select * from TABLE ( cast (l_data as
> > groupSize3Array ))';
> >
> > OPEN cvar FOR query;

...as the second way is Native Dynamic SQL (8i upwards) and the first is the ref cursor that was available way back in PL/SQL 2.x. where your cursor is compiled and fixed.

I'm going to look into your original code a bit and come back to you later...

Adrian Received on Fri Feb 08 2002 - 02:21:33 CST