Re: Oracle environment ORACLE_HOME setting problem

From: <bullwinkle_at_the_Throes_of_Abstraction>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 06:42:38 GMT

Eric;

The best place to set the environments for each SID is in /usr/local/bin/oraenv file..
which is dropped in the $ORACLE_HOME ..

But you should execute the following first in your .profile..

. /usr/local/bin/oraprofile
Then
. /usr/local/bin/oraenv

And the get rid of any Oracle related "export" statements in your .profile. It may take ya a little bit to get this right the first time but you will thank me later
as you bring up multiple Instances on your machine ..:-) .. Also do not forget the following ...

export PATH=$PATH:. ==> it's a DOT !!

HTH zongk Tu