Re: How to begin a transaction PART II

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:25:00 GMT

What comes through to me ... loudly and clearly ... is that you are trying to do in Oracle what you would do in a Microsoft product: STOP IT!

In 12+ years of Oracle I've never once found a need to concern myself with the things you are asking about.

If you want to be something other than an anachronism in Oracle ... you need to learn Oracle. And that doesn't mean learn how to imitate a Microsoft product. The Oracle database is NOT just SQL Server with a different name. It is a very different product. And you will likely bring it to its knees and then blame Oracle for what is clearly what you are doing.

Daniel Morgan