Re: package STANDARD not accessible

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 06:36:11 +1100

You have to run catalog and catproc whilst connected as SYS, not SYSTEM. Your connection AS SYSDBA will suffice. You also have to run catalog before catproc.

Other than that, it's difficult to advise further because you aren't being terribly specific (an O/S would help, for a start). Did you create your own database, or get the install to create a starter database for you? What does the alert log say? What do you mean that you tried re-running catalog and catproc "to no avail" -who were you logged on as at the time? what error messages did you get?

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com