Re: Remote view - who should create it? - discussion point!

From: Jaap W. van Dijk <j.w.vandijk_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 19:20:42 GMT

If I had a database I certainly would not have people doing query's on them remotely: I'd instead ask them to specify what they want and write the query myself so they could use my query and I'd be in control about what is happening on my database.

Apart from that: there's is a column in PLAN_TABLE (I think it is OTHER) that shows you which SQL-statement is sent to the remote system. Maybe you could fiddle with your query a bit and see if you can get the bulk of the query performed on the remote database.

Jaap.