problem with colon in CREATE TRIGGER when using ADO

From: Andy Rigby <andy_at_softap.co.uk>
Date: 7 Feb 2002 09:00:35 -0800

I need to issue CREATE TRIGGER statements from within my Microsoft C app, which is using the Oracle OLEDB ADO provider to talk to Oracle 8.1.6. These triggers naturally will refer to :NEW.(columnname) within the code.

The problem is that somewhere in ADO-or-OLEDB-land on the way through, the colons get intercepted as parameters, so the error 'no value givem for one or more parameters' is generated.

I've seen a number of posts in various newsgroups from people using various development tools (VB, C, Delphi) which go back several years. Delphi programmers seem to be able to escape the colon by using two colons together. Unfortunately, no escaping method I've tried seems to work for Microsoft C and ADO.

Has anyone got a workaround for this problem?

Thanx

Andy Received on Thu Feb 07 2002 - 11:00:35 CST