Oracle Net 8 client install failure

From: guycorbett_at_my-deja.com <guycorbett_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 7 Feb 2002 07:56:21 -0800

I am trying to install forms 6I runtime on a specific PC and cannot get the Net 8 client to work. Any TNSPING80 is met with a TNS-03505 'failed to resolve name' reply. The TNSNAMES.ora comes from another working PC, from which I have also tried importing the whole ORACLE registry branch from LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE. I have succesfully installed this on several other machines from the same ORACLE CD. The path is the same on working amnd non-working PCs. Another oddity is that when running the installer it fails to pick up the company name from the registry. Also the pc succesfully runs Forms 4.5 runtime and connects properly but running TNSPING reports no listener on the UNIX server. I closed all other tasks e.g virus software and have now run out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. Received on Thu Feb 07 2002 - 09:56:21 CST