Re: problem with installing Oracle Designer 6i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 22:53:55 +0100

"Bill Han" <billhan_at_seatech.bc.ca> wrote in message news:3Td88.47116$_F4.9777860_at_news0.telusplanet.net...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just downloaded Oracle 9i Database and Oracle Designer 6i Release 4.1.1
> from Oracle's website. I can install 9i Database to Windows XP and 2000
> without any problem. But when I tried to install Designer 6i either to
> Windows XP or 2000, I always got an error message said:
>
> ------------------
> The location specified, "D:\oracle\ora90", is already used as an Oracle
> home for 'Oracle 82 Beta'.
> It cannot be used as an Oracle home for 'nt'.
> ------------------
>
> Does anyone know how to get rid of it?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

As the message says: you can't install Designer 6i in the same home, you need to install it in a different home,
so when the home dialog pops up, you need to override Oracle 82 beta, choose a new name and choose a new directory.
All Designer 6i docs are up on http://technet.oracle.com , this usually also includes the installation docs.

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker