Re: Remote view - who should create it? - discussion point!

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 22:06:35 -0000

Paul,

Well, you and the 'chap who "owns" the remote database' both have my sympathy.
Who is the supplier?
I find it difficult to understand how creating a view can damage the database.
Are the suppliers aware that a view is no more than a stored select statement?
Do the suppliers claim that it also voids the warranty to join tables in an ad-hoc select statement?
Trying hard to remain polite...Nuno, help me out here!

Paul