Re: connect as versus internal

From: Svend Jensen <Master_at_OracleCare.Com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 19:49:58 +0100

Joachim Rupik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have one question:
>
> I can connect to oracle using new syntax (method) " connect / as sysdba" and it
> should be equivalent to "connect internal" (de-supported beginning from 9i).
> But below is output that shows that it does not work the same way. Why?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Joachim Rupik
> jrupik_at_awrsp.gov.pl
>
> $ sqlplus /nolog
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Tue Jan 8 08:40:20 2002
>
> (c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
> SQL> connect / as sysdba
> ERROR:
> ORA-01089: immediate shutdown in progress - no operations are permitted
>

> SQL> shutdown abort
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
> SQL>
> SQL> connect internal
> Connected to an idle instance.
> SQL> shutdown abort
> ORACLE instance shut down.
> SQL> exit
> Disconnected

You must be connected somehow or use OS-auth to use connect / as sysdba. try this, sqlplus /nolog
connect sys/password
connect / as sysdba

there is a "feature" when connecting by net8/sql*net, connect sys/password_at_tns_name as sysdba seems not to work, insufficient privileges.
But connect sys_at_tns_name as sysdba
password: <enter here> works. I think it is fixed in 8.1.7.2.

/svend jensen Received on Wed Feb 06 2002 - 12:49:58 CST