Re: export Oracle7 - import Oracle8

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 05:49:50 +1100

I might just mention that it's the "DBA role", not the 'DBA privilege(s)'. There's a difference between roles and privileges. And you're still ignoring the fact that, whatever your privileges, the 'create tablespace' commands that the import process tries to perform will require data files to be created in exactly the same location/directories as the original database. So possessing the DBA role is *not* going to be 'all you need'.

HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com