Re: one more in the mix (newcomer)

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 18:13:57 GMT

The best to do is find someone that knows Oracle to help you. For example contact the local Oracle users group. This question is easy ... but there will be thousands more.

Log on as SYS

SELECT tablespace_name
FROM dba_tablespaces

(don't use SYS, RBS, or TEMP for the next step)

CREATE USER <username>
IDENTIFEID BY <password>
DEFAULT TABLESPACE <result from previous query except as noted> TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp
QUOTA UNLIMITED ON <default tablespace name>;

GRANT CONNECT TO <username>;
GRANT RESOURCE TO <username>;
GRANT DBA TO <username>;

That should get you going. It is a horrible configuration for a work environment but suitable for just learning about Oracle.

Daniel Morgan