Re: last_time is always NULL in v$datafile

From: Murali <oraclems_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2002 07:53:38 -0800

sebastian.rickmann_at_csfs.com (Pulsedriver) wrote in message news:<31a1f8b3.0202060352.42f62e30_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi!
>
> I am just wondering why in v$datafile the attributes last_time and
> last_change# are NULL for all datafiles.
> I have set TIMED_STATISTICS = TRUE.
> I'm running Oracle 8.1.7.
> All the datafiles are raw volumes (UNIX).
> Thanks for any hints!

The last_change# and last_time columns are set to NULL if the datafile is being changed (written to). It is expected behavior when the database is open. Next time you shut down the database, startup mount and query the view. It will show the last change# for the datafile that occurred when the database was shut down.

Murali
http://www.dbaquest.com/ Received on Wed Feb 06 2002 - 09:53:38 CST