Granting priveleges

From: Fim Tox <tim_at_blueheath.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2002 05:26:41 -0800

I've created a user fred who has his own schema. I've created a user joe who I want to be able to update/insert/delete/select any table in fred's schema. So.. I log in as SYS (or SYSTEM, the effect is the same) and type: grant update,insert,delete,select on fred.mytable to joe; and it complains saying:
ORA-01929: no privileges to GRANT
I thought SYS could do anything?
So.. I explicitly add the GRANT ANY PRIVELEGE system privilege to SYS, and try again.
I get the same result.
What's going on??
Help!!!! Received on Wed Feb 06 2002 - 07:26:41 CST