Re: Relocating Tablespace

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:06:38 +0400

What You can do is.

  1. Take all the RBS offline.[Hope you have others if not create one RBS for the Time being and then drop them]
  2. Take the tablespace offline. [ Users will not be able to use this Tablespace]
  3. Copy the datafile to the new location.
  4. Issue the command Alter Database rename File <source> to <dest>
  5. Alter Tablespace online.
  6. Alter system Switch Log file.
  7. Take a Backup of the Tablespace and the Controlfile.
  8. Delete tha file after the check is complete.
--
HTH

Additions and Corrections Welcome.

Regards,