Re: Remote view - who should create it? - discussion point!

From: Saikat Chakraborty <saikatchak_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 04:54:16 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I would try using the hint "driving_site". In other words, the query would be

create or replace view xyz as
select /*+ driving_site(x1) */ a, b, c, d least(expression)
from
 e_at_REMOTE x1,f_at_REMOTE x2,g_at_REMOTE x3,
  (
   select h, i
   from
   (
     j_at_REMOTE x4, k_at_REMOTE x5
   )
   where
   group by
 }
 where

In that case the query would be executed in the remote large database and only the result set will come back to the local one. I am not much sure
about the sub-query, may be you need a hint there also. Thanks
Saikat
http://saikatchak.tripod.com