Re: How to simulate a disk failure

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2002 20:06:43 -0800

I wonder what difference there really is between DOS copy and Oracle ocopy. When the database is open, copy'ing a datafile works fine (only delete doesn't work). Why do we need ocopy?

Just did a test. FC command (for those who don't know, its equivalent in UNIX is diff) with /b switch gives "FC: no differences encountered" on the two files I copied and ocopied, with or without ALTER TABLESPACE BEGIN BACKUP in sqlplus prior to [o]copy outside of sqlplus.

Yong Huang