INTEGRITY CHECK CONSTRAINTS ORACLE 8i

From: Jeanette Weldon <jeanette.weldon3_at_virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:14:20 -0000

I have created an integrity check constraint using the ALTER TABLE command which makes a column on a table mandatory under certain conditions. However when the constraint is violated in the Visual basic form, a run-time error occurs and the application terminates . How can I intercept the runtime error , stop the application terminating and produce a message to say that the user must enter data in the field.

N.B. I do not have access to the source code of the VB app so I am working at the table level.

Jeanette Received on Tue Feb 05 2002 - 14:14:20 CST