Re: Saving data when disconnected?

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 20:04:22 GMT

Nothing in Oracle is random unless you intentionally generate random numbers.

Different front-end tools have a set default. For example SQL*Plus commits and Pro*C rollsback. Some, like ODBC, allow you to change the setting.

But there is nothing that will simulate what you inquired about unless you hand-coded it. Something I would definitely advise against. Very complicated and more likely to cause problems than fix them.

But what fascinates me is ... why do you care? If you have more than one or two people disconnecting by accident a year you have a configuration problem somewhere. If they are doing it intentionally because they are working their way to dementia ... consider replacing them with competent employees.

Daniel Morgan