Re: Connect password obsfucation?

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.Wessman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 05 Feb 2002 05:01:22 -0800

The password is encrypted using a proprietary modified DES algorithm in versions prior to 9i. It was changed to triple DES in 9i.

The algorithm used for a specific connection is dependent on the versions of the client and server. For example, if an 8i client connects to a 9i server, the 8i encryption method will be used.

                                     Rick

--
                                Rick Wessman
                                Security Assurance Group

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.