Relocating Tablespace

From: Tony <ar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:21:14 -0000

Hi

Am new to DBA type stuff lol. I have a reporting server here and have noted that one of the system drives has filled up. Examining the storage schema I have noted that a TABLESPACE called RBS has a DATAFILE and a number of ROLLBACK segments associated with it.

What I would like to do is to relocate the DATAFILE. How do I do this the most affective way with the knowledge that the rollback segments are aassociated with this tablespace? Can I do this whilst users are on line or not ?

Do I create a new Datafile on another drive then take the old one off line and delete the old one.? Do I need to take the rollback segments off line whilst i make this change ?

Any help would be useful

Thanks

Tony Rees
DMC Stratex Networks