Re: Verify IPC Connections

From: Flavio Casetta <cflav_at_tin.it>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:41:29 GMT

Sean,
I suppose that you created first a couple of entries in the LISTENER.ORA file and their counterparts in TNSNAMES.ORA, using two DIFFERENT names, didn't you?
For example:

   mylocaldb is the SID using the IPC protocol.    mydb is the SID using TCP/IP protocol. If you specify the SID mylocaldb in your client application, then IPC is the protocol that will be utilised by the session. If you specified the same name for both SIDs, well, I don't know which one is going to be picked up, most likely the first one showing up in TNSNAMES.ORA, but I never tried before, I always thought it'd have been better to keep SID names distinct.

Bye,
Flavio