Saving data when disconnected?

From: Phoric <phoricdotcom_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:40:52 -0700

Hello, I am trying to figure out a way to allow a user to reconnect to the data they were modifying if they suddenly/accidently get disconnected from the system before they could save the file. Someone told me it was possible to set a time limit for them to reconnect and retrieve their unsaved data before it reverts back to the original. Where and how could this be done?

This way, if a user was connected to our network via the internet and they get disconnected while modifying something in the Oracle database, they can log in within a few minutes and continue where they left off without loosing all that work.

Thank you for any assistance!

--
Ed
phoricdotcom_at_hotmail.com