How to simulate a disk failure

From: Leigh Gold <intan_5ee_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:26:06 -0700

We have a test machine which we use to test our backup and recovery procedure.

I was trying to simulate a disk failure by deleting datafiles from a particular disk drive (D) but kept getting 'sharing violation' error. Oracle is running at that time and not other users are on. Any idea why I couldn't delete those files?

It is Win NT 4.0 with oracle 8.1.6.

Thanks,

Leigh Received on Mon Feb 04 2002 - 16:26:06 CST