Re: RAC vs OPS

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:48:00 -0800

I think this is just a case of less than clear documentation. I looked at the 9.2 beta doc and that entire phrase has disappeared, which sort of reinforces my opinion.

What happens really is what I sent out in mid January and what I told Nuno to go looking for. If you need that sent again I can probably find the email, but a search of the newsgroup should locate it. The pinning, logging etc. is normal processing we go through regardless of whether this is RAC or not.

--
HTH.  Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete
Author of "Oracle8i: Architecture and Administration Exam Cram"

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

> > I may not be understanding your issue correctly here, but the log buffer
> > flush is not tied to the block transfer through the interconnect AFAIK.
The