Re: archivelog mode switch logfile statement

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 06:25:26 +1100

See my reply elsewhere, but the point is to get the headers resynchronised after a tablespace comes out of hot backup mode, not to generate "all" the archives for backup (which is a meaningless thing to do anyway).

I don't recommend it to anyone, really (particularly as last time I checked in 8.1.7 it didn't actually do the re-synchronisation!!), but it's there in Oracle's own backup and recovery course notes, and since the document referred to is/was my own attempt to understand those course notes, I thought at the time it best to leave the recommendation in.

Regards