Forms 6i + Oracle 8i EE

From: RedK <redk_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 19:15:25 +0000

Hi!

        I'm new to Oracle and need to install a Forms + EE environment for a college class. I already have Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 running on Linux in /opt/oracle/8iee (for ORACLE_HOME).

        I'm wondering if it's preferable to install Forms 6i in the same ORACLE_HOME or if I must use a different one. Our teacher wants us to install it in a different ORACLE_HOME, but can't explain why. On top of that, it created problems with DB name resolutions.

Thanks! Received on Sun Feb 03 2002 - 13:15:25 CST