Tier II/III troubleshooting tips?

From: David Jackson <david.j.jackson_at_pickledbeans.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2002 09:32:56 -0800

Good day --
I do a lot 2nd/3rd shift Unix and application support ( I generaly have root access). It would be helpful to me if I had some trouble shooting guildlines that could be used before paging YOU at 03:00.

In other words what can I do beyond checking that the "ora" processes are running? "tnsping" is one that comes to mind also? How about log files or checking database space problems, oracle backup (failure/completion), status of oracle jobs?

Thanks for your advice.

David Jackson Received on Sat Feb 02 2002 - 11:32:56 CST