Re: Question about bazaar sys views (9.0.1 Win)

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:37:56 -0800

Oh, and I now have some more info from an internal contact -

"Replication needs to access remote data dictionary information, and we did not want the user to have access to remote DBA_ views. In many cases the remote ALL_ views did not have the required information in the right format.

Instead of cluttering the ALL_ views with redundant columns that are hard to decipher, we decided to implement parallel _ALL_ views."

--
HTH.  Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete
Author of "Oracle8i: Architecture and Administration Exam Cram"

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA