Re: archivelog hot and cold backup preparing for a smooth recovery

From: obakesan <cjundieseastwd_at_powerup.com.au>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:38:30 GMT

HiYa

Fraser, thanks for this and your other post to my other earlier question, the more I read it, the more I got out of it.

Monday they want to pull the power on the box (linux) with no shut down to simulate a poweroutage and failed UPS then I have to recover from my last backup.

just a little anxious that I have all bases covered. I am but a programmer...

Thanks for everyones handy and helpful suggestions. This DBA stuff is rather interesting and perhaps a little fun too!!

See Ya

--
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood
Photographer, Programmer, Motorcyclist and dingbat

please remove   u n d i e s   for reply