Re: Guaranteeing DB consistency with Split Mirror Online backups

From: Muralidhar Prabhakaran <muralip_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:29:47 GMT

Ian
  You are partly right. When you issue the alter tablespace begin backup command the file headers are frozen with the latest checkpoint SCN. In other words the file is checkpointed. After this oracle is not concerned about what is being written to the file since every write is fully logged in the redo log file and full block images are written. And I believe when you do the split the filesystem headers are synced up too. We are in the process of implementing such a scheme and will let you know once we are done

Murali

> > Ian,
> > Let me answer your question in two folds. First oracle 8i does have
IO