Re: UPDATE with correlatted subquery

From: Jesus M. Salvo Jr. <john_at_softgame.com.au>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 08:15:32 GMT

I have also tried:

UPDATE points_ranking
SET points = points +

   (
   SELECT points_ranking.points + SUM( b.points )     FROM sgtest.game a, sgtest.transaction b, sgtest.player c     WHERE

     a.game_type_id = 10 AND
     c.service_provider_id = 3 AND
     b.game_id = a.game_id AND
     b.player_id = c.player_id AND
     c.player_id (+) = points_ranking.player_id AND
     a.start_date > fromdate

    GROUP BY 3, 10, c.player_id
   )
WHERE
   service_provider_id = 3 AND
   game_type_id = 10;

.... but a subquery cannot come after the "points +" and so is a compilation error.