Re: Is Sr. DBAs afraid of not be able to pass cert exam ??

From: Keith Boulton <kboulton_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:26:57 -0000

Being an old ex-mainframe systems programmer myself, I can understand some of your references, but my question was more to do with how you could define a test to evaluate the skill/talent/knowledge of someone. I tend towards the heres the software, hardware and manuals and here are <n> test scenarios to work through e.g. user reports bad response time in ..., or disks containing control files have been destroyed....

It seems to me that such a test would take days to run and require a large number of scenarios if simple luck wasn't to play a big part.