Re: OS authentication with Oracle8i on Windows 2000 Professional

From: Keith Boulton <kboulton_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:15:25 -0000

Had a similar experience with NT. In that case the account had to include the domain name e.g. user fred in domain test had to be created as

create user "TEST\FRED" identified externally.

I found the id to use by logging on as the NT account I wanted to use, logging in as e.g. system and looking at one of the fields of v$session (client_user?) which gives the OS account in use.