Re: Import/export upgade from 7.2.3. to 9i

From: Dale Edgar <dale_at_databee.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:11:18 GMT

Hi

On 29 Jan 2002 08:04:09 -0800, guycorbett_at_yahoo.co.uk (guycorbett_at_my-deja.com) wrote:

>If I only import user system from the full export before importing the
>user exports it nearly works but I cannot get SYNONYMS owned by PUBLIC
>(and possibly other essential info which I have not discovered).

Just get the freeware DBATool from http://www.databee.com/dt_home.htm and use it to read the ROWS=N export. This will give you complete recreate scripts for the schema (including public synonyms if the export was done FULL=Y).

The DBATool will also strip storage clauses, change tablespaces and loads of other things - including outputing the entire schema tree to HTML pages.

DBATool http://www.databee.com/dt_home.htm

Regards
Dale Edgar

DataBee - Oracle DataBase Subsets