Re: Is Sr. DBAs afraid of not be able to pass cert exam ??

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:55:11 +0000

In the continuing agony of OCP or not I thought I'd throw this onto the table.

At the university where I teach we have two local community colleges that offer OCP prep classes. The university absolutely rejected that curriculum as being inconsistent with the goals of what a university should be. The curriculum I teach is to Oracle as med school is to medicine. Hands on. The point being to be able to do the job ... not just answer questions about it.

Daniel Morgan