Still can't reinstall on W2K

From: Andy Kent <andykent.bristol.DontSpamMe_at_virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:47:02 -0000

I've been trying unsuccesfully to reinstall Oracle 8i on a W2K box. As suggested here I've consulted Note 124353.1 on the subject of manual reinstall and removed everything it says from the HDD and registry. Still the reinstall fails without error at 3%.

I've searched the registry for any key containing "ora" and removed any that look vaguely Oracle-related. Still no luck. I've even tried reformatting my C: drive and doing a clean install of W2K (though with the other drives in place). Still no.

The weirdest thing of all is that at each reinstall attempt, UI knows the name and destination of my last installation attempt. Weird or what.

Can anyone tell me where it gets the name and destination from? Is there a hidden file I'm mising or something?

The only other thing I can think of is that I've upgraded my chip and MoBo to a 1.4GHz Athlon since the first time I installed 8i.

Any clues?

--
-Andy Kent-

Bristol, England

Remove '.DontSpamMe' from return address to respond. Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 17:47:02 CST