DB create on SuSE 7.3 problems...

From: G. A. <gt_at_nospamyahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:23:01 GMT

After a bit of pain and a few tries, I got 8.1.7 installed on SuSE 7.3 pro, but I can't get the dbassist to work. I can start the GUI fine by typing in "unset LANG" then "dbassist", which then lets me go through all of the steps, but hangs and usually crashes X when you choose either to create the database or even just create the shell script.

I actually got the create scripts to work once,(it put the script in $ORACLE_HOME\admin\dbname\create rather than where I told it to put the file)
but when I try to run the shell script it complains that it can't connect to Oracle, which is strange because I can connect internal in server manager just fine and the listener is up & running.

I get the same thing if I connect internal in svrmgr then do an @location_of\catalog.sql

I am missing a step here somewhere, but at the moment am at a loss as to where?

Anyone else run in to this problem?

thanks in advance Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 16:23:01 CST