Re: Is Sr. DBAs afraid of not be able to pass cert exam ??

From: Tom Dyess <tdyess_at_dyessindustries.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:41:41 GMT

Christian,

    That is a very good arguement. I was more concerned about the Sr. DBA's who don't bother with certifications; people who have already been working with it for 10 years or so. I completely agree, when the odds are stacked equally, OCP all the way, but how often does that happen. The DBA experience can be the same, but other working experiences, such as Sabre experience, or IRS or Walmart warehouse experience vs. others will probably stack the deck a little more than an OCP.

Tom
www.oraclepower.com