Re: svrmgr30 - ora12203

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:41:52 +0100

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:00:12 +0100, "Peter Laursen" <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>System: Win2000, 8.0.5.0.0 std edition
>I am trying to create a new instance on the above system. I do not control
>this server but have a domain admin password and terminal services access.
>I do at dos prompt 'oradim80 -new -sid teea etc...' Oradim.log is fine.
>Service is created.
>Now i want to startup nomount and do create database... but I cannot get
>connected!
>I do in dos: set oracle_sid=teea and start svrmgr30 but I get the tns-12203
>unable to connect to destination. There are a number of other instances
>running on the server i and cannot connect internal to any of them.
>Ok, I try sqlplus /nolog and connect / as sysdba to the new idle instance. -
>no luck.
>
>What am i missing?
>Is the combo 8.0.5.0.0 and Win2k certified and OK?
>How would I connect to a new instance, to do a startup nomount in 8.0.5 on
>Win2k?
>
>TIA
>Peter Laursen

The combo 8.0.5 and win2k is not certified as win2k hit the market years after 8.0.5. Oracle is under no obligation to certify, and 8.0.5 has also been desupported more than a year ago. BTW: this status of 8.0.5 is posted often here, and you can of course also use the certification matrix on Metalink.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 10:41:52 CST